Life is a race and every race has a destination. Athletes that run for a living will agree with Kovie Biakolo on this points listed below about some things running teaches you.
Here is her thoughts about running.
1. To be good at anything, you have to put in the time and effort no matter how talented you are.
2. Your abilities and someone else’s abilities are not the same. Do the best that YOU can do.
3. If winning is your objective, realize that you have to work 10 times harder than the next best person.
4. No matter how hard you work and how prepared you are, disappointments will happen.
5. The most gratifying experiences usually come as a result of enduring the most painful trials.
6. To be great at anything, you have to risk failing terribly at it.
7. A lot of people endure the same pains that you do.
8. If you focus on putting one foot in front of the other, you will eventually reach the finish line.
9. You cannot reach the finish line unless you start.
10. The mind is a very powerful thing. If you can train your mind to keep going even when your body wants to quit, you can achieve some incredible things.
11. Learning the difference between physically being unable to continue and giving up.
12. Accepting that every day is different — some days 5 miles is really easy, other days it feels like a cruel punishment.
13. Pace yourself.
14. You cannot give 100%, 100% of the time.
15. Sometimes you need a day off, a day off from everything.
16. The worst time, the slowest pace, the last person to finish the race is still better off than the person who refused to try.
17. Even if you fall, even if you cannot finish today, you can and should pick yourself up and try again tomorrow.
Written by Kovie Biakolo.
Culled from Thoughtcatalog.com