OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: TUESDAY 5th JANUARY 2016
THEME: DAY FIVE MIRACLE
“And God Blessed them, saying, ‘Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.” Genesis 1:22
Read: GENESIS 1:20-23
20. And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of Heaven.
21. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
A. Our God is not just The God of Creation; He is also A God of Abundance.
1. When God creates, He does not create sparingly.
2. This is why the provision He made in the universe has not been exhausted.
3. “And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of Heaven.” Genesis 1:20
B. The Almighty created moving creatures because He Himself is dynamic.
1. In other words, stagnancy is ungodly; it is evil.
2. I pray for someone using this devotional; an end has come to your stagnation today in Jesus Name. Amen!
3. If lower creatures were created to move about, human beings, especially children of God, must not suffer stagnation.
C. Our God is also a God of variety and abundance.
1. He created both great and small in different shapes and colour.
2. This knowledge must have informed Paul the apostle to assuredly tell the Philippians that The Almighty God would supply their needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.
3. Philippians 4:19- Says “But my God shall supply all your need according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus”
D. Another lesson we can learn from today Bible reading is that God Blessed His handwork to be fruitful and to multiply.
1. Therefore, we see how foolish anyone would be if he or she agrees with the devil that God hates him or her.
2. Our God is interested in the prosperity of His creation!
3. The Psalmist understood this and wrote:”…Let The Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” ( Psalm 35:27 ).
4. Nobody cares more about us than God. 5. His care, mercy and love are incomparable.
6. Jesus said: “Greater love hath no man than this, that A Man lay down His life for His friends.” John 15:13
E. The Bible also says: “He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” ( Romans 8:32 ).
1. This is why Jesus said in The Gospel according to Luke:12:29-31 “And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye The Kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
2. The God of Abundance will meet all your needs this season in Jesus ‘ Name. Amen!
Father, meet me at the point of my needs today according to Your Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : NUMBERS 25:1-27:11 and PSALMS 147
AUTHOR: Pastor E. A ADEBOYE