Mentor-ship is a highly sort after phenomenon in the career and business, especially among the upwardly mobile class. People who want to be great in their fields are looking for already established persons in that career who they can emulate.
He; being a great mind and mentor himself, Ace music producer Wilson Joel has revealed a list of people he termed ”True Nigerian Role Models”. The Super talented song writer and hit maker took to his Facebook page to share very poignant thought about mentor-ship and revealed a list of Nigeria’s finest minds he thinks are great mentors. According to him;
These are my few picks of true Nigerian ROLE MODELS! I pondered on why we really don’t celebrate anything or anyone Nigerian enough. These folks if they were out there would be forces that shape their nation! So, if you ever are in NEED of who to emulate here are some REAL MENTORS! You don’t have to meet mentors for you to be mentored by them, studying their life alone can spur you up to where ever! I wish you all the best, so here we go :
1. @officialdonaldduke : Governance & Integrity.
2. @alibabagcfr : Life, morals & strategic mogul! Pioneer of Comedy in Nigeria!
3. @feladurotoye : Life coach, strategist.
4. @kelechiamadiobi : Photography & Focus.
5. @cobhamsasuquo @officialcamp : Music producer & example of breaking out of the box!
6. @taradurotoye : Make-up expert, Image brand doyen!
7. @ikosakioduwa : Talk show guru, world class host numero uno!
8. @stevebabaeko : Branding boss, Business tycoon!
9. @audumaikori : Management extraordinaire, business strategist & industry builder.
10. @folorunshoalakija : Oil & Gas guru, Financial manager of repute!
11. @tybello : Photography, start up architect.
12. @ajokesilva : Film, mother figure in the entertainment world.
Everything doesn’t have to be imported, look around you and see the beauty of Nigeria!
Nigeria is taking over! All the best!
All I have to say is PERIOD!. Of course there are other great people who should have made this list, but as the man said, this is his ”Few picks”. For me…Ik Osakioduwa is just perfect!!